How to Replace Davies MVI Vertical Multistage Cartridge Seal
Davies MVI Seal Replacement
- Turn pump off and electrically isolate. All electrical work must be done by qualified electrician and comply with relevant electrical standards.
- Remove side coupling finger guard covers.
- Undo main coupling bolts and remove, along with drive pin.
- Undo 4x motor bolts and lift motor away.
- Undo 4x cap screws holding the seal cartridge on to pump housing.
- Lightly release small grub screws holding shaft lock ring.
- Use small flat blade screwdriver under cartridge flange to lift seal up off the shaft.
- Install new seal in place over shaft and push down firmly, tighten down with 4x cap screws.
- Ensure pump shaft is sitting fully down and tighten shaft collar lock grub screws. Pump shaft should be able to lift 3mm.
- Lift pump shaft and slide plastic seal packer under shaft collar to set pre-load at 1.5mm.
- Sit motor into place, motor spigot will locate motor, tighten 4x motor bolts.
- Tighten 4x coupling cap screw firmly.
- Remove plastic packer and give it a spin by hand to ensure it is free turning.
- Fit covers, prime pump and re start.